Once you have completed all of the ctti certification requirements, participants will be enrolled in the online test. The test must be completed by applicants to demonstrate understanding of travel training concepts, techniques and strategies and must be passed with 90% accuracy.
After participants pass the test, a travel training practicum must be completed and submitted. The practicum serves as a verification of hands-on travel training and requires the following:
- A minimum of 10 hours of one-to-one instruction with a trainee of the participant’s choice
- Documentation must include teaching both cognitive and physical travel skills
- The instruction from start to finish must include:
- A functional assessment of the trainee
- The development of travel training goals for the trainee
- The development of a task analysis for at least one aspect of training
- The assessment of the trainee’s path of travel
- Progress reports from training sessions
- A final report on the applicant’s training experience, including:
- An assessment of the safety and security methods used during training
- A detailed list of the training strategies implemented during training
- An assessment of the degree to which the trainee obtained his/her goals
- ESPA will provide electronic forms to complete the required documentation.
- Copies of all forms must be submitted electronically for each of the tasks above.
- This information will be reviewed to determine successful completion of the hands-on travel training portion of certification. A follow-up phone interview may be necessary to make this determination.
Total Credit Hours for Initial Certification – 60 hours in 2 years plus hours spent taking the online exam and verification of hands-on travel training practicum
Visit the Certifications FAQ page for answers to common questions on the certification program. For additional questions/comments, email ProjectAction@easterseals.com.